For those of you who don't know, I'm a bit of a rebel. I don't like to be like others. I never have. When I was a kid, I would specifically not do things that other people thought to be popular, because that's how badly I didn't want to be like anyone else. I'm unique, I'm me, and I go out of my way to do things differently.
Because I am a highly sensitive and highly intuitive woman, who is here for a BIG mission, and an incredible purpose. I can't accomplish big things following the crowd and doing what I'm told. I need to do things differently and make an impact on the world by doing so.
Not a lot of people are aware of this, but that non-conformity is a trait that a lot, if not all, of highly sensitive/highly intuitive children possess. And, in my opinion, that is because they are not here to fit in; which we see in a variety of ways, and it's because they are here to change the world.
These children are not here to be like anyone else. They are not here to stay inside the box. Yet, there are a lot of boxes that the western world is creating for them. Now, these boxes are not something to be ashamed of. In some circumstances, these labels are really supporting and serving the children and families who are utilizing them. On the other end, my belief is that these children are SO much bigger than the boxes we are putting them in.
There is a positive aspect to these labels, and that is that it means the people who are creating them and using them are doing their best to understand these children. They are trying to understand so they can offer support. And that gives me hope that as those options become less desirable, there will be more room and more openness to alternatives like what we are talking about today.
It is already happening. More and more parents are noticing that there is something missing in the western alternatives, and they are seeking out support through new avenues. The first thing that I get asked when I share how I offer my gifts through my work is, "How do I know my child is highly sensitive/highly intuitive?"
So here is the rebels list to understanding high sensitivity. Your child may experience one of these things, and they may experience all of them. There is no certain number of check marks that qualifies them as highly sensitive/highly intuitive. Also, while reading this list, take a moment to gauge within yourself what your intuition is telling you. What did you experience as a child? What have you shut down? And what is calling to be explored deeper within yourself? Some of the things these children experience are...
* Deeply empathic; feels emotions, thoughts, and pain belonging to other people in their body, mind and spirit.
* Intense physical sensitivities; allergies, food sensitivities, chemical intolerance to things like laundry detergent and certain soaps, etc.
* Hears things more loudly than others, sometimes to an uncomfortable degree.
* Heightened senses in general.
* Speaks to angels, faeries, and spirits of those who have passed on.
* Asks questions about Spirit, God, Source, The Universe, etc, and expresses a deep connection to something bigger than us.
* Has trouble sleeping, and prefers not to sleep alone. Sometimes afraid of the dark.
* Has a hard time shutting their mind off at bedtime; with all the un-heard thoughts of the day surfacing and needing to be dealt with.
* Speaks wisdom beyond their years.
* Prone to emotional outbursts; often expressing that they don't feel they have control over them, and it doesn't feel like the emotions belong to them.
* Struggle at school, often being the target of bullies.
* Forward in some aspects, and seemingly behind in others. Example: Early walker, later talker, etc.
* May have been labelled with one or more of the following titles: ADD, ADHD, SPD, Autism, Indigo, Rainbow, Crystal Child, Highly Sensitive, Empath, Highly Spiritual, and so on.
* Sometimes feel like they do not belong here on Earth, and wish they could "go back to where they came from".
* Speak of past lives.
* Are determined to get what they want.
* Rebel against societal norms in a variety of ways.
* Question and challenge the way we do things on this planet.
* Great problem solvers.
* Mind readers; often know what you are thinking and finish your sentences for you.
* Experience heightened fear and anxiety, with some fears becoming debilitating.
* Display a deep connection with energy, and express healing abilities.
* Can seem shut down, cold and uncaring if not practicing healthy boundaries.
* Wildly creative with an amazing imagination.
* Overwhelmed by large groups and need alone time to center themselves afterwards.
* Loves deeper than anyone you know.
As a former highly sensitive/highly intuitive child myself, and a present moment Bonus-Mama to three highly sensitive children I know the way this wild and wonderful adventure can flip you upside down and leave you holding on for dear life; all the while as you express gratitude for the lessons. I am here to tell you...
You are not alone!
If there has ever been a doubt in your mind that you are "good enough" for this parenting journey, I want to remind you that your child chose you. They chose you to be their mama because they knew that you had everything they needed in a mother. They knew you had experienced similar things to what they do now, and are here now so you two can heal the world together, starting from within yourselves.
These are the New Children, and they are here to change the world.
It is an important time to mother a New Child, and there are avenues of support for YOU that wasn't available to your mother when you were a child. It is time, and you are the perfect person to do this work.
If this feels overwhelming, yet exciting, and you want to learn more, please click the link and schedule a complimentary Embrace Your Inner New Child Session, HERE.
It will be an honor to connect with you, and support you as you raise your New Child in a way that enables them to embrace their gifts, step fully into their purpose and create change in this ever needing world.
Fearless Leader for the Highly Awesome